Ward Jackson Park, Covering 8.1 hectares, is one of the most original in the North East region. Provided by public money in 1883 to commemorate one of Hartlepool’s greatest entrepreneurs, Ralph Ward Jackson, known simply to local people as ‘The Park’.
The park is listed in the National Register of Historic Parks & Gardens because of its collection of Victorian and Edwardian features: the Lodge House (1883), the Bandstand (1901), the Fountain (1902), the Clock tower (1925) and the magnificent Lake set in its Victorian landscape.
The play area contains plenty of activity stations to occupy the most lively of children.
A recently completed project to restore and develop the park has returned it to its original splendour, to be enjoyed for generations to come.
The Friends of Ward Jackson Park meet to represent the views of park-users, organise events and activities and raise funds for their own Park projects.
Address: Elwick Road, Hartlepool. TS24 7LE
Telephone: 01429 262641